Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Sunday Salon ~ I'm Loadin' Up the ARCs for April!

Good Morning and Happy Sunday everyone

I’ve been busy reading and working hard to catch up with myself, and I’ve finally managed to be on track to accomplish my goal of 75 books by December 31st. I’m even a little ahead with 21% of my reading complete while there’s only 19% of the year spent. I read Wuthering Heights, The Appeal, Heart-Shaped Box, and Derailed this past week, and started The Book Thief Saturday evening. I doubt I’ll be breaking any reading records this week, though, since I have two dentist appointments, a choir concert, and a school meeting to go to, not to mention a serious need for spring cleaning, laundry, gardening, dishes and spring cleaning. I hope to at least get through Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, though.

All this frenzied reading, though, has made me remember all the ARCs and other books I’ve committed to reviewing… about 35 books. I dug them all out of Mt. TBR today and stack them in the Books on Deck shelf which is now making me a little claustrophobic sitting between the two: Imposing and collapsing Mt. TBR to my left and towering and condemning Books on Deck to my right. My plan is to declare April as ARC month… and probably May and half of June, too. I’ve been feeling a bit irresponsible with all those books just sitting around and waiting on me to fulfill my committment. And now I feel a bit better.

So, should I thoroughly shame myself by posting the list of the books I owe reviews for? Books that have been sitting on Mt. TBR, gathering dust, and being passed over and forgotten?

*sigh* full-disclosure and acknowledging my problem and all that, in no particular order:

1. Any Given Doomsday by Lori Handeland ~this is an LT ER book, and I can’t remember when I got it.

2. Memoirs of a Fortune Teller and Vigilante Witch Hunter by Gary Turcotte. I received these books recently, and the second is the sequel book to the first.

3. An Exact Replica of a Figment of my Imagination by Elizabeth McCracken

4. The Tutu Ballet by Sally O. Lee

5. Mischief Maker’s Manual by Sir John Hargrave

6. The Forbidden Daughter by Shobhan Bantwal. This is an unbound galley I received after a cold request. I have trouble in and of myself with an unbound galley, like it’s not a real book. Anyone else have that problem?

7. Stealing Athena by Karen Essex. Yes, I really HAVE had it THAT long.

8. The Power Makers by Maury Klein

9. I, Robot by Howard S. Smith

10. The Spirit of the Place by Samuel Shem. What? I thought I read that one…

11. The Aviary Gate by Katie Hickman

12. Surviving Ben’s Suicide by C. Comfort Shields

13. Guernica by Dave Boling

14. So Long at the Fair by Christina Schwarz. I don’t think I got this book in lieu of a review, I think I won in on a blog contest.

15. First Daughter by Eric Van Lustbader.

16. The Suspicions of Mr. Whicher by Kate Summerscale

17. The Art of Listening by Seth Barnes

18. Operation Blue Light by Phillip Chabot

19. When a Man Loves a Woman by LaConnie Taylor-Jones

20. My Father’s Paradise by Ariel Sabar

21. Shadow of Colossus by T. L. Higley

22. Zoe’s Tale by John Scalzi

23. Schooled by Anisha Lakhani

24. The Mysterious Receding Seas by Richard Guy

25. The Good Thief by Hannah Tinti . Yes, like I said… I have had them THAT long… I’m a bad, bad kitty.

26. Red Letters by Tom Davis

27. Blue Genes by Christopher Lukas

28. The Necklace by Cheryl Jarvis

29. Swimming With Strangers by Kirsten Sundberg Lunstrum

30. Forbidden Tales: Sword by Da Chen

31. The Icy Hand: Something Wickedly Wierd vol 2 by Chris Mould

32. The Terminal Spy by Alan S. Cowell

33. Nation by Terry Pratchett

34. The Organ Grinder and the Monkey by Sam Moffie

35. Last Night I Dreamed of Peace by Dang Thuy Tram

ok… I think that’s it… for now… but I know I have a few more on the way. SO… any suggestions on how to organize this list? Any books I should read right away? Were there any that you particualarly liked or wanted to know about? HELP ME!!!! :-p

No comments:

Post a Comment