Monday, May 11, 2009

It's OK, I'm Wearing Really Big Knickers - Rating 5

It's Ok I'm Wearing Really Big Knickers

Title: It’s OK, I’m Wearing Really Big Knickers (US Version is called: On the Bright Side, I Am Now the Girlfriend of a Sex God)

Author: Louise Rennison

AR Quiz No. 50413 EN

ATOS Book Level: 4.7 Interest Level: Upper Grades (UG 9-12) AR Points: 6.0 Word Count: 40727 Fiction/Nonfiction Fiction Topic – Subtopic: Award Winners-ABA Kids’ Pick of the Lists; Family Life-Growing Up; Humor/Funny-Funny; Interpersonal Relationships-Dating; Recommended Reading-YALSA Quick Picks for Reluctant YA; Series: Confessions of Georgia Nicolson

Description: (Excerpt: From Amazon)

5:35 p.m.

Oh yippee.

This is my gorgeous life:

  1. I haven’t been kissed for a month; my snogging skills will be gone soon.
  2. I have a HUGE nose that means I have to live for ever in the Ugly Home. Address: Georgia Nicolson,Ugly Home, Ugly Kingdom, Ugly Universe
  3. My Red Herring plan has failed.
  4. I am the Bummer Twins’ armchair.

Georgia Nicolson is back! The irrepressible heroine of Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging has just started dating the Sex God ( aka Robbie). So life should be perfect …. except in Georgia’s life, nothing is ever perfect. Readers will be laughing ( and groaning!) out loud all through this “fabbity-fab-fab” sequel!

Librarian’s Review:

This series continues to make me laugh! The second book picks right up where the first book left off and Georgia is as usual being quite meladramatic. What’s funny is that even though I think Georgia is very juvenile and immature at times I can completely relate to her and can think of many grown women who exhibit similar behavior. Your friends will wonder what is WRONG with you for using all the British slang in everyday conversion.  Funny, funny, funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment