Monday, July 6, 2009

Lord Of The Flies by William Golding

Title: Lord Of The Flies

Author: William Golding

Genre: Literature

Release Year: 1954

Website: www.william-golding.co.uk

 

Introduction: A plane crashes on an island (or at least, that’s what they think it is) with a group of schoolboys from England. They have to do anything to survive, which is quite easy since the island provides for everything from fruit to meat. But as the days get longer without getting rescued, something dark comes over all the boys. More and more by each day the schoolboys lose control over everything. The conch, which symbolizes for society, it crushed. And boys get aggresive, they want to have fun and slowly turn into agressive childeren. It’s a novel about how a person is a danger to itself ones it get’s lost in an unknown environment with no rules to follow, but just your own.

 

My Opinion: I had to read this book for my English class. And even though it won a Nobel Price, and a lot of people liked it. I just did not. It was so boring, I really didn’t came through it with fun. I couldn’t say it was this unbelievable amazing page turner. Nope, not for me.

 

My Advice: Alright, from the scale from 1 to 5, I give this book the number 3. Only because it’s been so popular over the last few years and because it won a Nobel Price. Plus I don’t want to put you off immediatly. But for me in person I give it a 2. I really didn’t like to read this one.

book cover from: www.fantasticfiction.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment