Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Vicky Is On The Road...

Greetings from San Jose, California! The American Bookseller’s Association is sponsoring a wonderful conference called the Winter Institute. It’s 3 fantastic days of education and opportunities to talk with other booksellers and publishers about books, bookselling and the state of book publishing. Today is all about technology – which will be especially interesting. We’ll be talking with Daniel Clancy about Google Editions and I’m really looking forward to a session on the state of book publishing with the heads of W. W. Norton, Hachette Book Group and Random House.

Major Pettigrew's Last Stand by Helen Simonson

I read the BEST book on the flight and time absolutely flew by!!! It was a review copy of Major Pettigrew’s Last Stand by Helen Simonson. I laughed my way across the country and the book is filled with dog-eared pages and underlinings I have to share with others when I get back. The book is funny and sweet and the writing is fantastic. (More about this book when it comes out March 2, 2010).

I only got to look out the plane window on the quick shuttle from LA to San Jose. The mountains were beautiful!! But I was struck by the architecture and housing developments of San Jose – so many squares of houses all alike!! So different from Cape Cod!

[Via http://titcombsbookshop.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment