Monday, March 15, 2010

Let's Start Again

I’m going to dispense with apologies for not having posted anything for over a month and get right back to the writing.  Before we broke up last month I had mentioned a few things that I wanted to write about next: True Believer by Eric Hoffer and also book reviews by friends of mine that are musicians.  To ease my way back into the blogging life, I think I’ll keep this one short and sweet.  A friend of mine Darrin Pfeiffer from the ska/punk band Goldfinger (a personal favorite of mine since I was in high school) shared a quick book review for the book “Catcher in the Rye.” Here is what Darrin had to say,

“Hey all, Darrin Pfeiffer here from the band Goldfinger. A book that definitely influenced my life would have to be The Catcher In The Rye by J.D. Salinger. The book was a very impact-full one for me in my early high school years. I felt that Holdon Caulfield was a lot like me, rebellious and craving adventure. I also was getting (semi) poor grades in school and longed for escape. I didn’t feel like I was the catcher in the rye but did however, relate to the sense of falling off a cliff and not caring if anyone caught me.”

I find it interesting to hear what books have influenced musicians who have in turn influenced me.  To keep with this theme I will continue to petition friends/musicians to give book reviews on here when I and they can which I will disperse among my own writings on here.  We’re off to a good start with Darrin here and I hope to continue with more.

As for next week I will throw down a review of the book True Believer by Eric Hoffer and we’ll go from there.  Glad to be back and let’s not break up again, okay?

[Via http://marcallredreviews.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment