Saturday, August 29, 2009

In the Mail: Canadian Edition

I don’t know if I’ve ever done one of these posts, but I’ve just received a couple books that I’ll be reviewing:

Grammatical and Exegetical Study of New Testament Verbs of Transference: A Case Frame Guide to Interpretation and Translation (Library of New Testament Studies) by Paul Danove.

Articular Infinitives in the Greek of the New Testament: On the Exegetical Benefit of Grammatical Precision (New Testament Monographs,) by Denny Burk

The former book, I’ve received with many, many thanks to the kind people at T & T Clark & Continuum for their willingness to provide this review copy. especially Abigail Cox. I look forward to digging into Danove’s analysis and his use of Construction Grammar for studying the New Testament text.

The latter I’ve been interested in reading for some time and decided to buy it. Sheffield Phoenix Press provides a reduced price of their hardback books for scholars, which lowered the price of Burk’s book into a rather reasonable range (HERE) when you order it directly from them. Now if only Burk would start blogging about Greek on occasion – or perhaps start another blog that focuses on Greek since blog on culture is already rather popular.

[Via http://evepheso.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment