Wednesday, August 26, 2009

<i>Hot Pursuit</i> by Suzanne Brockmann

I am of two minds with this book.  Parts of it I loved, others I hated.  Let’s break it down:

  1. Dan Gillman is a jerk!  I don’t know why that woman wants to give him a second chance.  Really, I don’t.  After all that lying and manipulating he did.  But, then, this is the world of romantic fiction.
  2. I’ve never really liked Izzy Zanella.  He’s always just rubbed me the wrong way.  However, despite that, I can’t wait to see how it works out between him and Eden.  Maybe he’s starting to grow on me. 
  3. The Alyssa and Sam portion of the story was okay.  At the beginning of the series, I was definitely on the Sam/Alyssa train, but, now, I think it’s too much about them, and not enough about everyone else.
  4. Jules and Robin.  My absolute favorite couple in this series.  Reading about Robin with Ash, I can’t help but wonder if there’s a baby in their future.
  5. Tony Vlachic and his significant other.  The other characters are going to flip when they find out who Chickie is seeing.  That is going to make for a wonderful story, which I hope takes center stage in an upcoming novel.

Hot Pursuit is an excellent transition from the whole Sophia/Decker/Dave triangle that’s been the focus, or sub-focus, of most of the recent books in the series, to what comes next.

In all honesty, I can’t say I loved this book, but I don’t really hate it, either.  Mostly, it just made me long for the next book, which we probably won’t get until 2011. 

Rating:  3.5 out of 5 stars

[Via http://dynamisimmortal.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment