Wednesday, October 28, 2009

MY SISTER'S KEEPER

MY SISTER’S KEEPER by JODI PICOULT  I read this book back in June, and am just now getting around to writing about it.  One of the main reasons that I wanted to read this was because the movie was coming out that same month.  Before knowing anything about the book, I had seen the trailer and was intrigued from that moment.  Thing is, I refuse to watch any movie adaptation of a book, unless I’ve read it first.  In my opinion, the book is always, always, better!  I have read 2 other novels by Jodi Picoult and everyone I have encountered that has read her books has proclaimed that this is her best one.  I was desperate to see what all the hype was about.  As always, I hate expecting anything.  However, this book did not disappoint me at all - with the exception of one thing.  I’m beginning to feel that Picoult’s books never quite fully satisfy me with their endings.  They don’t provide me with enough closure to feel like the endings left me with clarity.  I guess I could actually say that about a couple of books that I’ve read though.  Nonetheless, that fact does not take away from her story-telling throughout.  I just wish she gave a little bit more at the end of her stories.  In total, this is my third book of hers that I read, and there is another sitting on my shelf still untouched.  Therefore, I can’t say with great credibility that it was her best.  I actually think I may have liked Nineteen Minutes better.  Anyway in closing…although it’s been a little over 4 months since I read this, I still have yet to see the movie!  It’s ridiculous really.

No comments:

Post a Comment