Wednesday, November 11, 2009

"Women Discipling Women" edited by Elyse Fitzpatrick to be released next year

I was corresponding with Dr. Laura Hendrickson last week (I sent her an email in part to tip her off to an interesting conversation at SharperIron about nouthetic counseling, Jay Adams, and matters concerning mental illness/”brain disease”–see here for her excellent contribution) and she, in turn, tipped me off regarding the new book, “Women Discipling Women,” in which Laura will have a chapter.  The book will be authored by various individuals in connection with the Master’s College, with Martha Peace and Elyse Fitzpatrick.  Here is the scoop (shared by permission):

My understanding is that Harvest House is shooting for a release date to coincide with the annual Women Discipling Women conference, which will be held at John MacArthur’s Grace Community Church on July 16-17, 2010. … I do hope they make it..because the WDW audience is very enthusiastic, so it would be a great venue to kick off the book release.

I’ve been promised a review copy–I’m excited already to receive it!

Laura has a fine resource available entitled “Will Medicine Stop the Pain?” (which came highly recommended to me by Dr. Greg Mazak at BJU) that I have cited elsewhere on this blog, and will plug again here.    This book offers great insight regarding depression and anxiety.  This is timely information dealt with in a balanced, biblical manner.  Needful stuff, especially for Christian counselors.

When the new book is out, I’ll be sure and let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment