Monday, November 30, 2009

Tempted: A House of Night Novel

He gave me his cocky grin. “Hey, I like it. Makes me think I’m in bed with a bad little Catholic schoolgirl from one of those twisted all-girl prep schools. Want to tell me about naked pillow fights you and your roommates used to have?” (p 110)

At the conclusion of Hunted, Zoey and her circle drove the fallen immortal Kalona and High Priestess Neferet from their ice-covered town. Tempted picks up right there and spans the next few days. The title refers, I believe, to the numerous times Zoey is tempted by Kalona to join with him. There is also an over arcing theme of free will and the temptation evil presents.

Stevie Rae’s story arc was my favorite. She stumbles across an injured Raven Mocker and her decision to save his life rather than finish him off will have consequences sure to play a major role in the future.

The series’ most irksome quality is that so little truly happens. While the books are slim as it is, so much text is wasted on inane musings and unnecessary description that I feel cheated when finished. Arg! Another year before we reach (I hope) the conclusion.

[Via http://nicolepoliti.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment