Thursday, September 10, 2009

Shamelessly Promoting Bestselling Amazon Authors and Their Books!

Image via CrunchBase

Anyone who has been around me knows, I am an addict when it comes to books. Don’t get in between me and a good book, it could get very dangerous!  This addiction started when I was quite young and continues today (I hate to say it but..) almost a 1/2 Century later.   Although I was a very good student in school, I really wasn’t that bright.  I remembered a  lot I read in books. I could read and comprehend and remember what I read.  This combination has been the real secret to my success in life.

On to the other love of my life, browsing the Internet for absolutely useless tidbits of information. If you ever want to play a trivia game, just call me…I’m the partner you need. I never lose at these type games. I’m forever picking up all those little tidbits that everyone else just takes for granted..I also am the one who sends them to you in your email and fills your email box with these interesting facts you discard before reading because you actually have real work to do!

One day while combining the two loves, browsing Amazon books! Whoa..Nirvanaville for me… I have lost a small fortune on Amazon.  In the wee hours of the morning buying books of all sorts to read, even though I just bought about 10 from Borders because I had the coupon.  I just had to buy them, they were ‘on sale’!   This day while browsing I found a very interesting site.  It was a forum of authors who had formed the group to ‘Shamelessly Promote’ their books.  I had to stop and take a look at the postings.

I was absolutely enthralled!  Being an avid reader, listening to the author talking about their books and how  the why they created the characters, the thoughts behind the story line, really brought these books to life!  I had not heard of some of the authors before, but I found some now that write in my area of interest, I cannot wait to get a copy of their books!

I feel so moved by this group, I asked if I could write about them, their books and let others in on this fabulous group. All of these authors are so genuinely appreciative of their fans and what their fans want, I  suggested putting together a page where I could show the authors and their books. I plan to set up an authors corner where the author can come and talk about their book and answer their fans questions and comments.

We will start with one book at a time for each author and spotlight on them for the post.  Make sure and bookmark this blog and come back often to see if your favorite author is being spotlighted.

Related articles by Zemanta
  • Amazon Lovers Let You ‘See a Kindle in Your City’ (blogs.wsj.com)
  • Sarah & Jane Day at Borders True Romance Blog (smartbitchestrashybooks.com)
  • Getting Addicted to Time-Wasting on the Internet is Easier Than You Think (everyjoe.com)

[Via http://dreikatzenmedia.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment